Sunday, August 3, 2008

More Pain...

The people at the sign-on desk were quite convinced that A grade is a good grade to race in and eventually convinced me to try...

I was not disappointed. - just completely exhausted, smashed over, redlined and punished for signing up. The first 20 laps didn't seem that painful. I did a few turns at the front and there were a few surges that i kept up with. But after that the attempts to break the race apart became extremely punishing, and I was dropped from the lead group with 3 laps to go.

I spent a whole lap in no-mans land, and was collected by 3 riders who had been dropped earlier. Thankfully the lead group had started playing a waiting game, and we caught them before the bell, and all came up the last climb together.

I went with the last attack and managed 5th... - which is completely beyond my exepctations.
I need a lesson though and some serious training in dealing with the attacks and surging that goes on at this level.

No comments: