My Uncle Don is no relative of mine by blood, or marriage, but an Uncle to me in the Lord, by the blood of Christ Jesus.
Through the last 16 years Uncle Don supported me in prayer and kindness as his own family.
He and Sue shared with me not only the Gospel of God, but their lives as well. We worked together occasionally and enjoyed prayer and challenging spiritual conversations together.
I enjoyed his kindness in bringing the Word, visiting with me when i was troubled, saying the hard thing when necessary, but always encouraging.
I value most his model of perseverance and consistency in life. Whatever difficulties he faced, he faced them in the power of the risen Christ Jesus, not flinching but standing firm in grace and a certain hope.
He's a testimony to 1 Peter 5 in service, humility, self control, and patient endurance.
May he now be in glory one of those in white robes washed and made white in the blood of the Lamb.
Uncle Don was taken to Glory by a heart attack on 26 December cycling about sydney whilst watching the Sydney to Hobart race.
I thank God for the testimony of the Risen Lord Jesus in his life that flowed out to all he knew.
I pray for the consolation and comfort of his family, that they be blessed with the reflection on his life past, and encouraged by his hope for the life to come.
1 comment:
God bless your Uncle Don, David.... may He be with the Good Lord, Himself... and, no longer suffering... I believe that Don is doing the Irish Jig with Jesus, Himself... Our condolences to Don's family and friends... may God be with his family and comfort them... God's blessings be with them, amen. Patty Maggie Anne Hunter
Post a Comment